YDROSTOP Water control valve
After a sudden break in the water pipe, Ydrostop immediately shuts off the water supply.
In case of systematic water loss (small leaks, open taps …), YDROSTOP shuts off the water pipe after a preset time.
- Immediately shuts off water supply in case of pipe breaking
- Shuts off water supply in case of leakage in the pipe, depending on the preset time
- Prevents unnecessary water consumption
Did you know it does not take more than a short weekend to let 80.000 litres of water (or the capacity of a private swimming pool) flow through your house in case of a break in a pipe?
YDROSTOP enhances safety and saves you money. Moreover, you contribute to a cleaner environment.
YDROSTOP can be installed anywhere: house, flat, school, office …
Operates without electricity. (Hydraulic)
immediately behind the water meter, Ydrostop needs to be adjusted only once, adjustable time mechanism (15 to 120 min.)
- Largely self-cleaning filter with non-return valve
- Automatic or manual reset
- Works as a fuse in the plumbing system
- Made of high-quality synthetic material
- Complies with the standards for drinking-water quality
YDROSTOP’s operation is based on a difference of pressure in the device.
- If the YDROSTOP detects a too big differential pressure, YDROSTOP immediately shuts off the water supply.
- In case of normal water consumption, there is a small difference in pressure and the time mechanism is activated.
- Long-lasting water consumption and an exceeded preset time (15 to 120 min) results in YDROSTOP shutting of the water supply.
- In order to reopen/reset YDROSTOP, the open tap will need to be closed, a leak or a burst needs to be repaired, etc.
- Then, the pressure in the pipe can build up again, and as soon as the input and the output pressure of YDROSTOP are the same, the YDROSTOP can reopen and function again. (reopen after approx. 20 seconds, depending on the water system)
|Connection YDROSTOP||½" BSP|
|Connection Filter||¾" BSP|
|Length device||350 mm|
|Flow||15 - 2800 l/h (option 1700 l/h)|
|Working pressure||0,5 - 6 Bar|
|Pressure tested to||21 Bar|
|Pressure loss||0,2 - 0,7 Bar|
|Temperature||1°C - 30°C|
|Filter cloth||Nylon / Polyester|
|Filter cartridge||50 micron|
|Material||PVCu, POM, ABS|
|Non-return valve||approved KIWA, DVGW, NF, WRc, SITAC, ETA|
Start with regularly checking for leaks. Write down the water meter’s level at the beginning of a period during which no water will be consumed and check at the end.
Lexicon Drinking water
Everything you ever wanted to know about drinking water and the treatment of your wastewater.